Sunday, November 28, 2010

Twin Ridge Retirement Community


I've done it again.  I've spent the day building.  If you're following the story here, you'll know that Paul and Christy are nearing retirement.  Well, actually, they've already retired.   They, however, are not ready to move to a retirement home just yet, especially considering that Kenny is still a child and needs to get through TRU first.  Anyway, I had this idea of a retirement community in my mind, and although there are tons of amazing creators in the Sim Community, I didn't want to spend all that time trying to find exactly what I wanted.  So, I built it.


This is not a community lot, it is not a hotel, and it is not an apartment building.  Let me repeat, this is not an apartment building.  Although I enjoy playing the apartments, I wanted this to be a true community.  One where everyone who lives here contributes to the success of the home.


That, and I'm a bit of a control freak, so I wanted to be able to control all who live here at one time, and make it one "round" when I play it!  So, yes, there's a motive to my madness!


Okay, with that out of the way, a little about the home.  Obviously, it's pretty big.  In fact, there are 7 bedrooms upstairs.  I originally wanted 8, but then I got to thinking that there's a very small chance that I'll actually have 8 individuals, rather than at least one couple.  Also, I needed a bathroom upstairs!


So, I've had a bunch of pictures above of the outside.  Very little landscaping has been done.  I will focus on that more when I actually play the lot.  However, I thought it might be nice to allow the Seniors have a way to get downstairs from the second floor balconies.  Every bedroom has a door to the balcony above.  Let's go inside, shall we?


This is the entry.  I wanted a warm entry, yet somewhat formal too.  I didn't really care for the staircases that comes with Mansions and Garden SP.  Using those would have only allowed one way around the stairs, and I could just see the "traffic jam" that would have caused!


Going towards the right from the entry, we have a music room.  I left enough space so that it could really be turned into a hobby room.  Remove some of the furniture, and you could add a sewing machine, easel, whatever you'd like.


Down the hall is an exercise room.  Even the elderly should stay fit!  However, again, this is a place to, let's face it, put our older sims until "that day".  So, if you want to change that around to be something like a game room, like Chess Set, Mahjongg game, etc., this would be a great room for that as well.


The kitchen is next.  The "heart" of the home!  It's hard to tell in this picture, but there are two stoves, two refrigerators, and two mixers.  I think it would be a little difficult to believe that at any given time, only one sim would be hungry.  There's also a juicer and coffee maker.


Across from the kitchen is the dining area.  As you can see, I didn't do much decorating.  I made this place as simple as possible so that anyone who wants to change things up, they can.  I will say this though, the dining area is a little smaller than I had originally wanted.  But, really, they won't be spending that much time in there, hopefully!


Next we have the "library".  Between the dining area and library is two restrooms with two public toilets each.  Here we have a very narrow reading area, which again, I figure the sims will either read in their rooms or outside. 

Next to the library and across from the music room, we have the receiving room, or formal sitting room.  All of the furniture in this room is antique in style. 


Going upstairs, the bedrooms circle the stairs with the two bathrooms being at the top of the stairs.


I didn't take a bunch of pictures of the bedrooms.  I only took one picture of one of the bathrooms to give an idea of how they look.  Both are the same, with one being for women and one for men.  The bedrooms are not decorated at all.  I've wallpapered and placed flooring, but that's it, aside from doors and windows, of course.

Now the important part.  There are two items in the house that is considered CC.  They would be a recolor of stairs by Numenor and a recolor of the railing upstairs to match the stairs.  Obviously, I try to keep all CC at a minimum when I know I will be uploading for others to use.  The lot may be downloaded here.  The size of the file is 2.02 MB.  I'm sure that if it's an apartment that you want, it can be easily changed.  As usual, enjoy the home, do what you want with it.  Please give credit where credit is due, and don't upload as your own work.  Happy Simming!


2 comments:

Librarian said...

It's a good idea to do something for the elderly Sims in your neighbourhood; with the ageing population of New Maximiliania, I may consider something similar myself, and of course I shall mention you if I do :-)
Why do you not upload your lots to the Exchange anymore? Has that stopped working?

Mel said...

I've joined a couple other communities where I upload the lots. One of them asks that we use a site such as Media Fire when uploading. We also have to run the lots through Clean Installer so that we can let anyone who wants to download the lot knows exactly what they are getting. This way also lets me give a real good discription of the lot.

About the older sims, right now I'll have just Paul and Christy soon, but I know that when the kids start to "mature", I'll have a lot of them to play at one time. :)